Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Interview Posts, Take 1


I got some great suggestions on last week's post, and I want to get working on them right away. I particularly like the idea of interview posts for people who are too busy to write a full blog post (this came from Megan Brooks, who's written for LtaYL twice in the past). Here is my first stab at questions to ask that would be applicable pretty much across the board (some very obviously stolen from the Lifehacker "How I Work" series and others borrowed from James Lipton), but I'd love y'all's feedback and suggestions. Also, I'd love to hear who I should ask. I'll probably put myself up on the chopping block first, to give others a chance to think about it.

Biographical
  1. Name?
  2. Current job?
  3. How long have you been in the field?
How Do You Work?
  1. What is your office/workspace like?
  2. How do you organize your days?
  3. What do you spend most of your time doing?
  4. What is a typical day like for you?
  5. What are you reading right now?
  6. What's the best professional advice you've ever received?
  7. What have you found yourself doing at work that you never expected?
Inside the Library Studio 
  1. What is your favorite word?
  2. What is your least favorite word?
  3. What profession other than your own would you love to attempt?
  4. What profession would you never want to attempt?
Everything Else
  1. What superpower do wish you had?
  2. What are you most proud of in your career?
  3. If you're willing to share, tell about a mistake you made on the job.
  4. When you aren't at work, what are you likely doing?
  5. Who else would you like to see answer these questions?
Okay, so - what should I add? Subtract? Change? I have an idea of who to ask first (there are a couple of people who've been promising to write for me for a while), but who would you like to see answer these questions?

And please, don't worry. Nobody will be thrown off The Bridge of Death if they get a question wrong.

1 comment: